In order to eliminate pharmaceutical product residues in waste water from hospitals, John Cockerill Environment has developed Medix®, a technology which exclusively makes use of biological degradation of micro-pollutants which are noxious for the environment.
How does Medix® work?
The 100% biological Medix® technology uses the enzyme capacities of micro-organisms. By encouraging their growth end their activity under certain conditions, we arrive at degradation via the biological route of a wide range of pharmaceutical residues. Breaking the concentration down into micro-pollutants between entry and exit achieves an overall yield of 85%.
This technology thus stands out for:
- its high performance level;
- its biological procedure ;
- its low energy consumption ;
- its modularity;
- its integration.
All of this is based on the unique know-how which characterizes John Cockerill solutions.
To whom is Medix® addressed?
Medix® is a solution suited to all volumes and compositions of reject materials. With a view to optimal integration, we have developed different architectural structures. Medix® can equally well be installed outside s inside.
Our solution provides our clients with numerous advantages:
- purification of macro and micro pollutants;
- commitment to society ;
- reduction of the environmental footprint;
- better use of utilities: high technology.
A turnkey solution
From conception to operation, we deliver a turnkey solution to our clients:
- study and definition of needs;
- realization of turnkey installations ;
- putting into operation and regulating;
- monitoring and operation.