John Cockerill’s Board of Directors is composed of executive directors and non-executive directors chosen for their extensive strategic, industrial, financial, social and commercial experience and their historic attachment to the John Cockerill Group.
Without prejudice to its legal and statutory powers and those of the General Meeting, the missions of the Board of Directors, upon proposal of the Executive Committee, are to:
- draw up the strategic orientations and annual budget of the Group;
- ensure that an appropriate organization and the management necessary for achievement of the objectives are established;
- decide on long-term financial operations, acquisitions and divestments;
- monitor the quality of daily management and its compliance with the defined strategy;
- provide high-quality information to shareholders.
The Board of Directors meets at least four times per year. Major operations may require additional meetings to be convened.
To successfully carry out its missions, the Board of Directors relies on:
- an Audit Committee;
- a Strategy & Innovation Committees;
- an Ethics Committee;
- an Appointment and Remuneration Committee;
- a Development Committee;
- an Executive Committee, whose members can be invited to attend meetings of the Board of Directors when items involving their field of expertise are on the agenda.